Georgia is one of three Care Co-ordinators at Birchwood Care Services and has worked with the organisation for 10 months. She is undertaking on the job training and is currently working towards her Safe Handling of Medication accredited Level 2 – which all care staff are asked to complete – as well as their mandatory medication training and yearly updates.
The diversity of the job is something that Georgia enjoys, as no day is ever the same.
“I really enjoy working with the clients. I love hearing how they are and it is rewarding seeing them happy,” said Georgia.
Covid-19 has affecting everyone in some way, and staff are still having to wear masks in the office and undertake weekly testing to keep themselves and the clients safe.
Animals are the key to unwinding for Georgia as she has two horses – Daisy and Spruce – and a dog called Zara. She also enjoys pizza and is looking forward to visiting Spain with her partner when things settle down.
Other articles you may like
- Win a fabulous Afternoon Tea Delights Hamper
- Domestic support is available in your homeKeeping things clean and tidy in your own home can get tougher as you get older. Vacuuming and laundry can be harder toContinue reading “Domestic support is available in your home”
- Meet Care Co-ordinator GeorgiaGeorgia is one of three Care Co-ordinators at Birchwood Care Services and has worked with the organisation for 10 months. She is undertakingContinue reading “Meet Care Co-ordinator Georgia”
- Tips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heatTips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heat Here in Britain, we are simply not used to high temperatures we sometimes experienceContinue reading “Tips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heat”
- Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in JuneWe are delighted to announce that Birchwood Care will be hosting an Open Day on Saturday 26th June from 2-4pm. The Open Day willContinue reading “Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in June”
- Your questions answered about a care assessmentWe understand a lot of different terms are used within the industry when it comes to home assessments and what is involved atContinue reading “Your questions answered about a care assessment”
- Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?We’re giving away a Cream Tea for Two with the May issue of Birchwood Care and on our Facebook page. Our Chef atContinue reading “Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?”
- Meet Mary, Domestic Support Worker at Birchwood.Enabling people to retain their independence and stay in their own home is one of the aims of Birchwood Care Services. The teamContinue reading “Meet Mary, Domestic Support Worker at Birchwood.”
- Meet Bethany – Care Co-ordinator at Birchwood.Every day is different and rewarding, says Care Co-ordinator and Relief Supervisor Bethany, who has worked for Birchwood Care Services for just overContinue reading “Meet Bethany – Care Co-ordinator at Birchwood.”