Meet Care Co-ordinator – Georgia
Georgia is a Care Co-ordinator at Birchwood Care Services and has worked with the organisation for 10 months. She is undertaking on the job training and is currently working towards her Safe Handling of Medication accredited Level 2 – which all care staff are asked to complete – as well as their mandatory medication training and yearly updates.
The diversity of the job is something that Georgia enjoys, as no day is ever the same.
“I really enjoy working with the clients. I love hearing how they are and it is rewarding seeing them happy,” said Georgia.
Covid-19 has affected everyone in some way, and staff are still having to wear masks in the office and undertake weekly testing to keep themselves and the clients safe.
Animals are the key to unwinding for Georgia as she has two horses – Daisy and Spruce – and a dog called Zara. She also enjoys pizza and is looking forward to visiting Spain with her partner when things settle down.
Other articles you may like
- Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday 2023The weekend of November 11 marked the annual Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday memorial in the UK and Commonwealth. Birchwood Care Services joined the nation in honouring members of the armed forces who died in the line of duty during the First World War and beyond.
- Protecting health and wellbeing in home careProtecting health and wellbeing in home care At Birchwood Care Services, the health and wellbeing of our clients is at the forefront ofContinue reading “Protecting health and wellbeing in home care”
- Celebrating Professional Care Workers Week 2023The Care Workers Charity (CWC) is an important industry body with the objective of supporting current and former care workers. As part of this mission, the CWC is running its annual Professional Care Workers Awareness Week for the sixth year this month.
- How care support can help find happiness later in lifeHelping mature adults in the pursuit of joy Happiness is a funny thing. Like joy, it can be found and nurtured in manyContinue reading “How care support can help find happiness later in life”
- Good Care Month 2023: Honouring the Heart of Home CareGood Care Month 2023: Honouring the Heart of Home Care As summer blooms across the UK this July, Birchwood Care Services joins theContinue reading “Good Care Month 2023: Honouring the Heart of Home Care “
- Championing inclusivity and diversity in later life careChampioning inclusivity and diversity in later life care Comfort, pride, and dignity are all fundamental parts of caregiving. At Birchwood Care Services, itContinue reading “Championing inclusivity and diversity in later life care”
- Dementia Action WeekDon’t put off today what could empower your tomorrow Dementia Action Week serves as a powerful reminder that early intervention and proactive diagnosisContinue reading “Dementia Action Week”
- Stress Awareness MonthStress Awareness Month Stress – it’s a feeling we’re probably all too familiar with. And so, this April to mark Stress Awareness Month,Continue reading “Stress Awareness Month”
- Why self-injury awareness is importantSelf-Injury Awareness Day, also known as SIAD, is an annual event held on 1st March to raise awareness about self-injury and reduce the stigma surrounding this behaviour. The day provides a platform for people affected by self-injury and their supporters to come together and share their stories, experiences, and coping strategies.