Every day is different and rewarding, says Care Co-ordinator and Relief Supervisor Bethany, who has worked for Birchwood Care Services for just over a year.
Bethany is one of the team that supports clients to live independently in their own homes for as long as possible. She liaises with clients and carers, and enjoys building a rapport with them.
“I enjoy being able to meet clients when doing relief supervisor work. I also love regular contact with client families. No day is the same and this is what I love about my job – every day you have new tasks and challenges,” explained Bethany.
The role has been challenging over the past year, with staff required to wear full PPE, staff meetings carried out online, screen dividers in the office and training adapted.
“It has not been easy but everyone has pulled together. It is reassuring for the clients and families that I am still a phone call away for any support I can give,” added Bethany.
They say laughter is the best medicine and Bethany recalls a visit to a client to get some paperwork signed.
“A Birchwood Care Services carer was in with the client. From the moment I walked in the front door I could hear the carer and the client singing and laughing. The smile on the client’s face filled my heart with such joy. Memories like this remind me why I continue to do the job I have so much passion for.”
When she is not working Bethany enjoys spending time with family and friends.
Other articles you may like
- Domestic support is available in your homeKeeping things clean and tidy in your own home can get tougher as you get older. Vacuuming and laundry can be harder toContinue reading “Domestic support is available in your home”
- Meet Care Co-ordinator GeorgiaGeorgia is one of three Care Co-ordinators at Birchwood Care Services and has worked with the organisation for 10 months. She is undertakingContinue reading “Meet Care Co-ordinator Georgia”
- Tips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heatTips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heat Here in Britain, we are simply not used to high temperatures we sometimes experienceContinue reading “Tips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heat”
- Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in JuneWe are delighted to announce that Birchwood Care will be hosting an Open Day on Saturday 26th June from 2-4pm. The Open Day willContinue reading “Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in June”
- Your questions answered about a care assessmentWe understand a lot of different terms are used within the industry when it comes to home assessments and what is involved atContinue reading “Your questions answered about a care assessment”
- Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?We’re giving away a Cream Tea for Two with the May issue of Birchwood Care and on our Facebook page. Our Chef atContinue reading “Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?”
- Meet Mary, Domestic Support Worker at Birchwood.Enabling people to retain their independence and stay in their own home is one of the aims of Birchwood Care Services. The teamContinue reading “Meet Mary, Domestic Support Worker at Birchwood.”
- Meet Bethany – Care Co-ordinator at Birchwood.Every day is different and rewarding, says Care Co-ordinator and Relief Supervisor Bethany, who has worked for Birchwood Care Services for just overContinue reading “Meet Bethany – Care Co-ordinator at Birchwood.”
- The Power Of Aromatherapy For The ElderlyThe Power Of Aromatherapy For The Elderly. Aromatherapy is the use of aromatic plants or essential oils to promote wellbeing through scent andContinue reading “The Power Of Aromatherapy For The Elderly”