Meet Care Co-ordinator – Bethany
Every day is different and rewarding, says Care Co-ordinator and Relief Supervisor Bethany, who has worked for Birchwood Care Services for just over a year.
Bethany is one of the team that supports clients to live independently in their own homes for as long as possible. She liaises with clients and carers and enjoys building a rapport with them.
“I enjoy being able to meet clients when doing relief supervisor work. I also love regular contact with client families. No day is the same and this is what I love about my job – every day you have new tasks and challenges,” explained Bethany.
The Care Co-orindator role has been challenging over the past year, with staff required to wear full PPE, staff meetings carried out online, screen dividers in the office and training adapted.
“It has not been easy but everyone has pulled together. It is reassuring for the clients and families that I am still a phone call away for any support I can give,” added Bethany.
They say laughter is the best medicine and Bethany recalls a visit to a client to get some paperwork signed.
“A Birchwood Care Services carer was in with the client. From the moment I walked in the front door I could hear the carer and the client singing and laughing. The smile on the client’s face filled my heart with such joy. Memories like this remind me why I continue to do the job I have so much passion for.”
When she is not working Bethany enjoys spending time with family and friends.
You can meet a number of our brilliant team members here on the blog. We’ve also introduced Domestic Support Worker, Mary.
Other articles you may like
- Helping to combat lonelinessHelping to combat loneliness Unfortunately, 50% of individuals aged over 60 are at risk of social isolation and one-third will experience some degreeContinue reading “Helping to combat loneliness”
- Live independently at home for longerWe have spoken before about top tips for fall proofing your home and this really can have a significant impact as falls will often be a key contributor to needing more round the clock care as they can have serious implications for the elderly depending on the severity.
- Three huge benefits of walking for the elderlyThree huge benefits of walking for the elderly Did you know that May is National Walking Month? As the country is opening upContinue reading “Three huge benefits of walking for the elderly”
- What care options are available?Families going through the emotional stress of placing a spouse or relative into care, often tell us they find the terminology confusing so this blog aims to help explain the different types of care available. Understandably, most elderly people want to live independently in their own homes for as long as they can. But many people are not aware of what their local options are.
- A moment to reflect this Aprild you know that we celebrated National Reflection Day recently? Reflection day is about taking time to connect, supporting the millions of people who are grieving and remembering the family, friends, neighbours and colleagues we’ve lost over the last two years. Marie Curie spearheaded the campaign for a Day of Reflection to mark the anniversary of the beginning of the first UK Lockdown – and to let bereaved people know that they are not alone.
- What is home care?Many of our clients want to live independently in their own home for as long as they can. It is for this reason they choose us as the home care service we provide in and around the Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks areas helps facilitate this.
- Why hire an at-home carer?Why hire an at-home carer? We love our families dearly and in an ideal world we’d all be able to take care ofContinue reading “Why hire an at-home carer? “
- Welcoming in spring at Birchwood Care ServicesWelcoming in spring at Birchwood Care Services Spring has sprung at Birchwood Care Services. The official start to the season might not beContinue reading “Welcoming in spring at Birchwood Care Services”
- Sharing the Valentine’s love this FebruarySharing the Valentine’s love this February Celebrating our staff This month, Birchwood Care Services is sharing the Valentine’s love with a blog celebratingContinue reading “Sharing the Valentine’s love this February”