Keeping things clean and tidy in your own home can get tougher as you get older. Vacuuming and laundry can be harder to manage, shopping becomes a chore, and arranging and getting to appointments is difficult.
Help is at hand as Birchwood Care Services has a small, friendly team that can help with domestic chores so that you don’t need to worry about them. This could be part of a wider care package, or perhaps you have a relative who would benefit from some domestic support in their home.
We can assist with:
- Domestic chores – such as preparing and/or cooking meals, laundry, ironing, tidying, vacuuming, cleaning and washing up
- Shopping – including putting a list together & unpacking
- Household management – including dealing with mail and household bills
- Companionship – in the home and out and about
- Appointments – including making bookings and transport to and from appointments
- Caring for pets – feeding but not walking
- Sitting service – so that carers or loved ones can enjoy a break
- Excursions – including days out and trips to enjoy hobbies or catch up with friends
Mary is one of our Domestic Support Workers and spends her time visiting clients at home and assisting with household chores whilst keeping them company.
“A typical working day for me might include visiting 3 to 4 clients in their own homes to assist with any household chores, shopping, preparing meals, relieving carers for breaks, spending time talking, or doing activities they enjoy with them. The needs are very individual and varied,” explained Mary.
Domestic support workers cover homes in an area that takes in Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells and surrounding villages.
Niral Patel, Chief Executive of Birchwood Care, added: “We always try and be as flexible as we can. We will work with the clients, we will always look at individual requests and do our best to accommodate what is being requested, as long it observes Health and Safety guidelines.”
You can have a no-obligation chat with Care Services by calling 01892 863710 and talk through what you need to make life easier for you or a relative.
Other articles you may like
- Domestic support is available in your homeKeeping things clean and tidy in your own home can get tougher as you get older. Vacuuming and laundry can be harder toContinue reading “Domestic support is available in your home”
- Meet Care Co-ordinator GeorgiaGeorgia is one of three Care Co-ordinators at Birchwood Care Services and has worked with the organisation for 10 months. She is undertakingContinue reading “Meet Care Co-ordinator Georgia”
- Tips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heatTips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heat Here in Britain, we are simply not used to high temperatures we sometimes experienceContinue reading “Tips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heat”
- Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in JuneWe are delighted to announce that Birchwood Care will be hosting an Open Day on Saturday 26th June from 2-4pm. The Open Day willContinue reading “Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in June”
- Your questions answered about a care assessmentWe understand a lot of different terms are used within the industry when it comes to home assessments and what is involved atContinue reading “Your questions answered about a care assessment”
- Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?We’re giving away a Cream Tea for Two with the May issue of Birchwood Care and on our Facebook page. Our Chef atContinue reading “Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?”
- Meet Mary, Domestic Support Worker at Birchwood.Enabling people to retain their independence and stay in their own home is one of the aims of Birchwood Care Services. The teamContinue reading “Meet Mary, Domestic Support Worker at Birchwood.”
- Meet Bethany – Care Co-ordinator at Birchwood.Every day is different and rewarding, says Care Co-ordinator and Relief Supervisor Bethany, who has worked for Birchwood Care Services for just overContinue reading “Meet Bethany – Care Co-ordinator at Birchwood.”
- The Power Of Aromatherapy For The ElderlyThe Power Of Aromatherapy For The Elderly. Aromatherapy is the use of aromatic plants or essential oils to promote wellbeing through scent andContinue reading “The Power Of Aromatherapy For The Elderly”