Domestic support is available in your home
Keeping things clean and tidy in your own home can get tougher as you get older. Vacuuming and laundry can be harder to manage, shopping becomes a chore, and arranging and getting to appointments is difficult.
Help is at hand as Birchwood Care Services has a small, friendly team that can help with domestic chores so that you don’t need to worry about them. This could be part of a wider care package, or perhaps you have a relative who would benefit from some domestic support in their home.
We can assist with:
- Domestic chores – such as preparing and/or cooking meals, laundry, ironing, tidying, vacuuming, cleaning and washing up
- Shopping – including putting a list together & unpacking
- Household management – including dealing with mail and household bills
- Companionship – in the home and out and about
- Appointments – including making bookings and transport to and from appointments
- Caring for pets – feeding but not walking
- Sitting service – so that carers or loved ones can enjoy a break
- Excursions – including days out and trips to enjoy hobbies or catch up with friends
Mary is one of our Domestic Support Workers and spends her time visiting clients at home and assisting with household chores whilst keeping them company.
“A typical working day for me might include visiting 3 to 4 clients in their own homes to assist with any household chores, shopping, preparing meals, relieving carers for breaks, spending time talking, or doing activities they enjoy with them. The needs are very individual and varied,” explained Mary.
Domestic support workers cover homes in an area that takes in Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells and surrounding villages.
Niral Patel, Chief Executive of Birchwood Care, added: “We always try and be as flexible as we can. We will work with the clients, we will always look at individual requests and do our best to accommodate what is being requested, as long it observes Health and Safety guidelines.”
You can have a no-obligation chat with Care Services by calling 01892 863710 and talk through what you need to make life easier for you or a relative.
Other articles you may like
- Helping to combat lonelinessHelping to combat loneliness Unfortunately, 50% of individuals aged over 60 are at risk of social isolation and one-third will experience some degreeContinue reading “Helping to combat loneliness”
- Live independently at home for longerWe have spoken before about top tips for fall proofing your home and this really can have a significant impact as falls will often be a key contributor to needing more round the clock care as they can have serious implications for the elderly depending on the severity.
- Three huge benefits of walking for the elderlyThree huge benefits of walking for the elderly Did you know that May is National Walking Month? As the country is opening upContinue reading “Three huge benefits of walking for the elderly”
- What care options are available?Families going through the emotional stress of placing a spouse or relative into care, often tell us they find the terminology confusing so this blog aims to help explain the different types of care available. Understandably, most elderly people want to live independently in their own homes for as long as they can. But many people are not aware of what their local options are.
- A moment to reflect this Aprild you know that we celebrated National Reflection Day recently? Reflection day is about taking time to connect, supporting the millions of people who are grieving and remembering the family, friends, neighbours and colleagues we’ve lost over the last two years. Marie Curie spearheaded the campaign for a Day of Reflection to mark the anniversary of the beginning of the first UK Lockdown – and to let bereaved people know that they are not alone.
- What is home care?Many of our clients want to live independently in their own home for as long as they can. It is for this reason they choose us as the home care service we provide in and around the Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks areas helps facilitate this.
- Why hire an at-home carer?Why hire an at-home carer? We love our families dearly and in an ideal world we’d all be able to take care ofContinue reading “Why hire an at-home carer? “
- Welcoming in spring at Birchwood Care ServicesWelcoming in spring at Birchwood Care Services Spring has sprung at Birchwood Care Services. The official start to the season might not beContinue reading “Welcoming in spring at Birchwood Care Services”
- Sharing the Valentine’s love this FebruarySharing the Valentine’s love this February Celebrating our staff This month, Birchwood Care Services is sharing the Valentine’s love with a blog celebratingContinue reading “Sharing the Valentine’s love this February”