We are delighted to announce that Birchwood Care will be hosting an Open Day on Saturday 26th June from 2-4pm. The Open Day will take place in our beautiful nine-acre gardens at Birchwood House in Speldhurst, on the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells.
Birchwood Care is made up of our family-run residential house and our home care service that supports people in their own homes in and around Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks. Our Open Day will be a chance to look around the grounds and meet staff to discuss the care options available and facilities and activities on offer.
An opportunity to meet the Birchwood team
All key members of staff will be at the Open Day and we look forward to meeting visitors. The event is open to everyone, including those that may be looking for residential care for friends or family as well as home care services to support independent living in the area.
Sample coffee and cakes
Coffee and refreshments will be served as well as delicious cakes baked by our very own Chef Anne. Afternoon tea is served daily in Birchwood House and we always get such positive feedback on the bakes, so we wanted the local community to try them out for themselves.
Birchwood House is a former manor house that delivers high quality and professional care, and this is reflected in the testimonials on carehome.co.uk where the home is awarded 9.6 out of 10 based on reviews. And Birchwood Care Services has been awarded 9.8 out of 10 based on positive testimonials on homecare.co.uk.
Have you considered a career in care?
If you’ve considered a career in the care industry then this is an ideal opportunity to see first-hand what it is like and find out everything you want to know.
Get to know the faces behind Birchwood
This is a chance for people to meet the teams that run Birchwood House and Birchwood Care Services and get to know members of staff. They include:
Helen – Manager of Birchwood House. Helen has been with us for over 10 years.
Claire – Deputy Manager. Claire has been with us for 6 years.
Zoe – Activities co-ordinator. Zoe looks after entertainment for the residents.
Ian – Looks after the garden and upkeep of the house.
Anne – Our resident chef with a real flair for baking. She has been with us for nearly a decade.
Birchwood Care Services
Wendy – Manager. Wendy has been with us for over 10 years and has a career spanning 20 years.
Plus our senior carers.
Niral Patel, owner of Birchwood Care said “I am delighted we can now host an open day and let people come and meet us. We are really looking forward to opening our gardens to the local community and it is a chance for people to ask questions and see what life is like at Birchwood.”
Other articles you may like
- Domestic support is available in your homeKeeping things clean and tidy in your own home can get tougher as you get older. Vacuuming and laundry can be harder toContinue reading “Domestic support is available in your home”
- Meet Care Co-ordinator GeorgiaGeorgia is one of three Care Co-ordinators at Birchwood Care Services and has worked with the organisation for 10 months. She is undertakingContinue reading “Meet Care Co-ordinator Georgia”
- Tips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heatTips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heat Here in Britain, we are simply not used to high temperatures we sometimes experienceContinue reading “Tips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heat”
- Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in JuneWe are delighted to announce that Birchwood Care will be hosting an Open Day on Saturday 26th June from 2-4pm. The Open Day willContinue reading “Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in June”
- Your questions answered about a care assessmentWe understand a lot of different terms are used within the industry when it comes to home assessments and what is involved atContinue reading “Your questions answered about a care assessment”
- Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?We’re giving away a Cream Tea for Two with the May issue of Birchwood Care and on our Facebook page. Our Chef atContinue reading “Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?”
- Meet Mary, Domestic Support Worker at Birchwood.Enabling people to retain their independence and stay in their own home is one of the aims of Birchwood Care Services. The teamContinue reading “Meet Mary, Domestic Support Worker at Birchwood.”
- Meet Bethany – Care Co-ordinator at Birchwood.Every day is different and rewarding, says Care Co-ordinator and Relief Supervisor Bethany, who has worked for Birchwood Care Services for just overContinue reading “Meet Bethany – Care Co-ordinator at Birchwood.”
- The Power Of Aromatherapy For The ElderlyThe Power Of Aromatherapy For The Elderly. Aromatherapy is the use of aromatic plants or essential oils to promote wellbeing through scent andContinue reading “The Power Of Aromatherapy For The Elderly”