Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in June
We are delighted to announce that Birchwood Care will be hosting an Open Day on Saturday 26th June from 2-4pm. The Open Day will take place in our beautiful nine-acre gardens at Birchwood House in Speldhurst, on the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells.
Birchwood Care is made up of our family-run residential house and our home care service that supports people in their own homes in and around Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks. Our Open Day will be a chance to look around the grounds and meet staff to discuss the care options available and facilities and activities on offer.
An opportunity to meet the Birchwood team
All key members of staff will be at the Open Day and we look forward to meeting visitors. The event is open to everyone, including those that may be looking for residential care for friends or family as well as home care services to support independent living in the area.
Sample coffee and cakes
Coffee and refreshments will be served as well as delicious cakes baked by our very own Chef Anne. Afternoon tea is served daily in Birchwood House and we always get such positive feedback on the bakes, so we wanted the local community to try them out for themselves.
Birchwood House is a former manor house that delivers high quality and professional care, and this is reflected in the testimonials on carehome.co.uk where the home is awarded 9.6 out of 10 based on reviews. And Birchwood Care Services has been awarded 9.8 out of 10 based on positive testimonials on homecare.co.uk.
Have you considered a career in care?
If you’ve considered a career in the care industry then this is an ideal opportunity to see first-hand what it is like and find out everything you want to know.
Get to know the faces behind Birchwood
This is a chance for people to meet the teams that run Birchwood House and Birchwood Care Services and get to know members of staff. They include:
Helen – Manager of Birchwood House. Helen has been with us for over 10 years.
Claire – Deputy Manager. Claire has been with us for 6 years.
Zoe – Activities co-ordinator. Zoe looks after entertainment for the residents.
Ian – Looks after the garden and upkeep of the house.
Anne – Our resident chef with a real flair for baking. She has been with us for nearly a decade.
Birchwood Care Services
Wendy – Manager. Wendy has been with us for over 10 years and has a career spanning 20 years.
Plus our senior carers.
Niral Patel, owner of Birchwood Care said “I am delighted we can now host an open day and let people come and meet us. We are really looking forward to opening our gardens to the local community and it is a chance for people to ask questions and see what life is like at Birchwood.”
Other articles you may like
- Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday 2023The weekend of November 11 marked the annual Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday memorial in the UK and Commonwealth. Birchwood Care Services joined the nation in honouring members of the armed forces who died in the line of duty during the First World War and beyond.
- Protecting health and wellbeing in home careProtecting health and wellbeing in home care At Birchwood Care Services, the health and wellbeing of our clients is at the forefront ofContinue reading “Protecting health and wellbeing in home care”
- Celebrating Professional Care Workers Week 2023The Care Workers Charity (CWC) is an important industry body with the objective of supporting current and former care workers. As part of this mission, the CWC is running its annual Professional Care Workers Awareness Week for the sixth year this month.
- How care support can help find happiness later in lifeHelping mature adults in the pursuit of joy Happiness is a funny thing. Like joy, it can be found and nurtured in manyContinue reading “How care support can help find happiness later in life”
- Good Care Month 2023: Honouring the Heart of Home CareGood Care Month 2023: Honouring the Heart of Home Care As summer blooms across the UK this July, Birchwood Care Services joins theContinue reading “Good Care Month 2023: Honouring the Heart of Home Care “
- Championing inclusivity and diversity in later life careChampioning inclusivity and diversity in later life care Comfort, pride, and dignity are all fundamental parts of caregiving. At Birchwood Care Services, itContinue reading “Championing inclusivity and diversity in later life care”
- Dementia Action WeekDon’t put off today what could empower your tomorrow Dementia Action Week serves as a powerful reminder that early intervention and proactive diagnosisContinue reading “Dementia Action Week”
- Stress Awareness MonthStress Awareness Month Stress – it’s a feeling we’re probably all too familiar with. And so, this April to mark Stress Awareness Month,Continue reading “Stress Awareness Month”
- Why self-injury awareness is importantSelf-Injury Awareness Day, also known as SIAD, is an annual event held on 1st March to raise awareness about self-injury and reduce the stigma surrounding this behaviour. The day provides a platform for people affected by self-injury and their supporters to come together and share their stories, experiences, and coping strategies.