Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in June
We are delighted to announce that Birchwood Care will be hosting an Open Day on Saturday 26th June from 2-4pm. The Open Day will take place in our beautiful nine-acre gardens at Birchwood House in Speldhurst, on the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells.
Birchwood Care is made up of our family-run residential house and our home care service that supports people in their own homes in and around Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks. Our Open Day will be a chance to look around the grounds and meet staff to discuss the care options available and facilities and activities on offer.
An opportunity to meet the Birchwood team
All key members of staff will be at the Open Day and we look forward to meeting visitors. The event is open to everyone, including those that may be looking for residential care for friends or family as well as home care services to support independent living in the area.
Sample coffee and cakes
Coffee and refreshments will be served as well as delicious cakes baked by our very own Chef Anne. Afternoon tea is served daily in Birchwood House and we always get such positive feedback on the bakes, so we wanted the local community to try them out for themselves.
Birchwood House is a former manor house that delivers high quality and professional care, and this is reflected in the testimonials on carehome.co.uk where the home is awarded 9.6 out of 10 based on reviews. And Birchwood Care Services has been awarded 9.8 out of 10 based on positive testimonials on homecare.co.uk.
Have you considered a career in care?
If you’ve considered a career in the care industry then this is an ideal opportunity to see first-hand what it is like and find out everything you want to know.
Get to know the faces behind Birchwood
This is a chance for people to meet the teams that run Birchwood House and Birchwood Care Services and get to know members of staff. They include:
Helen – Manager of Birchwood House. Helen has been with us for over 10 years.
Claire – Deputy Manager. Claire has been with us for 6 years.
Zoe – Activities co-ordinator. Zoe looks after entertainment for the residents.
Ian – Looks after the garden and upkeep of the house.
Anne – Our resident chef with a real flair for baking. She has been with us for nearly a decade.
Birchwood Care Services
Wendy – Manager. Wendy has been with us for over 10 years and has a career spanning 20 years.
Plus our senior carers.
Niral Patel, owner of Birchwood Care said “I am delighted we can now host an open day and let people come and meet us. We are really looking forward to opening our gardens to the local community and it is a chance for people to ask questions and see what life is like at Birchwood.”
Other articles you may like
- Helping to combat lonelinessHelping to combat loneliness Unfortunately, 50% of individuals aged over 60 are at risk of social isolation and one-third will experience some degreeContinue reading “Helping to combat loneliness”
- Live independently at home for longerWe have spoken before about top tips for fall proofing your home and this really can have a significant impact as falls will often be a key contributor to needing more round the clock care as they can have serious implications for the elderly depending on the severity.
- Three huge benefits of walking for the elderlyThree huge benefits of walking for the elderly Did you know that May is National Walking Month? As the country is opening upContinue reading “Three huge benefits of walking for the elderly”
- What care options are available?Families going through the emotional stress of placing a spouse or relative into care, often tell us they find the terminology confusing so this blog aims to help explain the different types of care available. Understandably, most elderly people want to live independently in their own homes for as long as they can. But many people are not aware of what their local options are.
- A moment to reflect this Aprild you know that we celebrated National Reflection Day recently? Reflection day is about taking time to connect, supporting the millions of people who are grieving and remembering the family, friends, neighbours and colleagues we’ve lost over the last two years. Marie Curie spearheaded the campaign for a Day of Reflection to mark the anniversary of the beginning of the first UK Lockdown – and to let bereaved people know that they are not alone.
- What is home care?Many of our clients want to live independently in their own home for as long as they can. It is for this reason they choose us as the home care service we provide in and around the Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks areas helps facilitate this.
- Why hire an at-home carer?Why hire an at-home carer? We love our families dearly and in an ideal world we’d all be able to take care ofContinue reading “Why hire an at-home carer? “
- Welcoming in spring at Birchwood Care ServicesWelcoming in spring at Birchwood Care Services Spring has sprung at Birchwood Care Services. The official start to the season might not beContinue reading “Welcoming in spring at Birchwood Care Services”
- Sharing the Valentine’s love this FebruarySharing the Valentine’s love this February Celebrating our staff This month, Birchwood Care Services is sharing the Valentine’s love with a blog celebratingContinue reading “Sharing the Valentine’s love this February”