Meet Care Co-ordinator – Holly
Holly is one of three Care Co-ordinators at Birchwood Care Services and enjoys being part of a small team.
She has worked for Birchwood Care for nearly four years alongside fellow co-ordinator, Beth. Most days Holly is in the office, but when she does go out in the community she says, “it is lovely to put faces to names and to see how cheerful some of the clients are”.
Making people happy is what inspires Holly, who says that no day at work is the same. “I’d say a typical day is busy and stressful, however, we do always laugh and joke! I have the most supportive team here at Birchwood,” said Holly.
Covid has given the team some challenges but Holly says that she and the team have carried on as normally as they can. When she is not at work Holly enjoys a tasty curry and spending time with her pets; a cat called Chase and a hamster called Diablo.
Other articles you may like
- Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday 2023The weekend of November 11 marked the annual Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday memorial in the UK and Commonwealth. Birchwood Care Services joined the nation in honouring members of the armed forces who died in the line of duty during the First World War and beyond.
- Protecting health and wellbeing in home careProtecting health and wellbeing in home care At Birchwood Care Services, the health and wellbeing of our clients is at the forefront ofContinue reading “Protecting health and wellbeing in home care”
- Celebrating Professional Care Workers Week 2023The Care Workers Charity (CWC) is an important industry body with the objective of supporting current and former care workers. As part of this mission, the CWC is running its annual Professional Care Workers Awareness Week for the sixth year this month.
- How care support can help find happiness later in lifeHelping mature adults in the pursuit of joy Happiness is a funny thing. Like joy, it can be found and nurtured in manyContinue reading “How care support can help find happiness later in life”
- Good Care Month 2023: Honouring the Heart of Home CareGood Care Month 2023: Honouring the Heart of Home Care As summer blooms across the UK this July, Birchwood Care Services joins theContinue reading “Good Care Month 2023: Honouring the Heart of Home Care “
- Championing inclusivity and diversity in later life careChampioning inclusivity and diversity in later life care Comfort, pride, and dignity are all fundamental parts of caregiving. At Birchwood Care Services, itContinue reading “Championing inclusivity and diversity in later life care”
- Dementia Action WeekDon’t put off today what could empower your tomorrow Dementia Action Week serves as a powerful reminder that early intervention and proactive diagnosisContinue reading “Dementia Action Week”
- Stress Awareness MonthStress Awareness Month Stress – it’s a feeling we’re probably all too familiar with. And so, this April to mark Stress Awareness Month,Continue reading “Stress Awareness Month”
- Why self-injury awareness is importantSelf-Injury Awareness Day, also known as SIAD, is an annual event held on 1st March to raise awareness about self-injury and reduce the stigma surrounding this behaviour. The day provides a platform for people affected by self-injury and their supporters to come together and share their stories, experiences, and coping strategies.