Meet Care Co-ordinator – Holly
Holly is one of three Care Co-ordinators at Birchwood Care Services and enjoys being part of a small team.
She has worked for Birchwood Care for nearly four years alongside fellow co-ordinator, Beth. Most days Holly is in the office, but when she does go out in the community she says, “it is lovely to put faces to names and to see how cheerful some of the clients are”.
Making people happy is what inspires Holly, who says that no day at work is the same. “I’d say a typical day is busy and stressful, however, we do always laugh and joke! I have the most supportive team here at Birchwood,” said Holly.
Covid has given the team some challenges but Holly says that she and the team have carried on as normally as they can. When she is not at work Holly enjoys a tasty curry and spending time with her pets; a cat called Chase and a hamster called Diablo.
Other articles you may like
- Helping to combat lonelinessHelping to combat loneliness Unfortunately, 50% of individuals aged over 60 are at risk of social isolation and one-third will experience some degreeContinue reading “Helping to combat loneliness”
- Live independently at home for longerWe have spoken before about top tips for fall proofing your home and this really can have a significant impact as falls will often be a key contributor to needing more round the clock care as they can have serious implications for the elderly depending on the severity.
- Three huge benefits of walking for the elderlyThree huge benefits of walking for the elderly Did you know that May is National Walking Month? As the country is opening upContinue reading “Three huge benefits of walking for the elderly”
- What care options are available?Families going through the emotional stress of placing a spouse or relative into care, often tell us they find the terminology confusing so this blog aims to help explain the different types of care available. Understandably, most elderly people want to live independently in their own homes for as long as they can. But many people are not aware of what their local options are.
- A moment to reflect this Aprild you know that we celebrated National Reflection Day recently? Reflection day is about taking time to connect, supporting the millions of people who are grieving and remembering the family, friends, neighbours and colleagues we’ve lost over the last two years. Marie Curie spearheaded the campaign for a Day of Reflection to mark the anniversary of the beginning of the first UK Lockdown – and to let bereaved people know that they are not alone.
- What is home care?Many of our clients want to live independently in their own home for as long as they can. It is for this reason they choose us as the home care service we provide in and around the Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks areas helps facilitate this.
- Why hire an at-home carer?Why hire an at-home carer? We love our families dearly and in an ideal world we’d all be able to take care ofContinue reading “Why hire an at-home carer? “
- Welcoming in spring at Birchwood Care ServicesWelcoming in spring at Birchwood Care Services Spring has sprung at Birchwood Care Services. The official start to the season might not beContinue reading “Welcoming in spring at Birchwood Care Services”
- Sharing the Valentine’s love this FebruarySharing the Valentine’s love this February Celebrating our staff This month, Birchwood Care Services is sharing the Valentine’s love with a blog celebratingContinue reading “Sharing the Valentine’s love this February”