How Are We Dealing With Coronavirus
Whilst the Pandemic caused by Covid-19 has continued to alter the lives of many throughout the country and the world, we have been doing everything we can to continue providing vital support to our clients at a time when many of them need this the most.
The health and safety of all our staff and clients is of the utmost importance to us and we have encouraged staff who feel like they’re suffering from symptoms to follow Government guidelines and self-isolate. Or indeed if someone they live or have been in contact with shows symptoms such as a persistent cough or temperature, we’re also telling them to self-isolate.
We’re continuing to visit our clients where we can. When visiting clients, we have a set of guidelines which our staff follow. These measures include:
- All staff have and are using Personal Protective Equipment as they normally would be as well as gloves, aprons and hand gels.
- All staff have been issued with soap and paper towels and are being asked to observe good hand hygiene principles, i.e. washing hands frequently but as a minimum on arrival at a client’s home and on departure and as often as required in between, as they normally would.
- We’re following general advice regarding wearing face masks which is that if the care worker or the client does not have any symptoms of Coronavirus , then face masks do not have to be worn.
- All staff already receive training in using Personal Protective Equipment and good hand hygiene.
We have adequate supplies of Personal Protective Equipment, and are working with the NHS supply chain to ensure we have supplies in stock. We’re also asking all clients to inform us if they or someone they have been in contact with or they live with presents with the symptoms.
Although this is an extremely tough time for everyone, and the circumstances are unpresented, we’re doing everything we can to continue to support our clients with the levels of care they need, and the latest guidance from Public Health England is cascaded to all staff, as it comes through.
If you have any questions about how we’re dealing with Coronavirus, or just want to talk to someone then we’re always happy to help – give our friendly team a call on 01892 863 710.
Other articles you may like
- Domestic support is available in your homeKeeping things clean and tidy in your own home can get tougher as you get older. Vacuuming and laundry can be harder toContinue reading “Domestic support is available in your home”
- Meet Care Co-ordinator GeorgiaGeorgia is one of three Care Co-ordinators at Birchwood Care Services and has worked with the organisation for 10 months. She is undertakingContinue reading “Meet Care Co-ordinator Georgia”
- Tips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heatTips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heat Here in Britain, we are simply not used to high temperatures we sometimes experienceContinue reading “Tips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heat”
- Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in JuneWe are delighted to announce that Birchwood Care will be hosting an Open Day on Saturday 26th June from 2-4pm. The Open Day willContinue reading “Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in June”
- Your questions answered about a care assessmentWe understand a lot of different terms are used within the industry when it comes to home assessments and what is involved atContinue reading “Your questions answered about a care assessment”
- Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?We’re giving away a Cream Tea for Two with the May issue of Birchwood Care and on our Facebook page. Our Chef atContinue reading “Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?”
- Meet Mary, Domestic Support Worker at Birchwood.Enabling people to retain their independence and stay in their own home is one of the aims of Birchwood Care Services. The teamContinue reading “Meet Mary, Domestic Support Worker at Birchwood.”
- Meet Bethany – Care Co-ordinator at Birchwood.Every day is different and rewarding, says Care Co-ordinator and Relief Supervisor Bethany, who has worked for Birchwood Care Services for just overContinue reading “Meet Bethany – Care Co-ordinator at Birchwood.”
- The Power Of Aromatherapy For The ElderlyThe Power Of Aromatherapy For The Elderly. Aromatherapy is the use of aromatic plants or essential oils to promote wellbeing through scent andContinue reading “The Power Of Aromatherapy For The Elderly”