The Art of Caring
Along with our friends from Birchwood House, we were looking forward to sponsoring the ‘Art in the Weald’ event in aid of the wonderful local charity Hospice in the Weald. Unfortunately, this has been postponed due to the current Coronavirus outbreak, and this has meant we have also had to postpone our spin-off event, ‘The Art of Caring’ which we were due to host in April.
Although both have been postponed, they haven’t been cancelled and we’re hoping they will run later in the year, but as we all know the situation is currently extremely fluid so we have no precise idea of when this may be.
You can see more details on the ‘Art in the Weald’ event here but read on if you want to find more information about the Art of Caring event and how you may be able to get involved.
The Art of Caring event is a spin off to the main event. We would like to extend the benefits of the main event through to our clients, the residents of Birchwood House as well as staff and friends and family by opening Birchwood House to the wider community where two local artists will be showcasing their skills. This will be an opportunity for you to see the home, meet our staff and see some wonderful artists at work. There will no doubt be cuppas and cake aplenty too!
We will be keeping our website updated with news on when this event will be taking place, but if you would like to register your interest in the event, or get involved then give us a call on 01892 863 710, or the team at Birchwood House on 01892 863559 and you will be the first to know when this event is back on!
Other articles you may like
- Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday 2023The weekend of November 11 marked the annual Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday memorial in the UK and Commonwealth. Birchwood Care Services joined the nation in honouring members of the armed forces who died in the line of duty during the First World War and beyond.
- Protecting health and wellbeing in home careProtecting health and wellbeing in home care At Birchwood Care Services, the health and wellbeing of our clients is at the forefront ofContinue reading “Protecting health and wellbeing in home care”
- Celebrating Professional Care Workers Week 2023The Care Workers Charity (CWC) is an important industry body with the objective of supporting current and former care workers. As part of this mission, the CWC is running its annual Professional Care Workers Awareness Week for the sixth year this month.
- How care support can help find happiness later in lifeHelping mature adults in the pursuit of joy Happiness is a funny thing. Like joy, it can be found and nurtured in manyContinue reading “How care support can help find happiness later in life”
- Good Care Month 2023: Honouring the Heart of Home CareGood Care Month 2023: Honouring the Heart of Home Care As summer blooms across the UK this July, Birchwood Care Services joins theContinue reading “Good Care Month 2023: Honouring the Heart of Home Care “
- Championing inclusivity and diversity in later life careChampioning inclusivity and diversity in later life care Comfort, pride, and dignity are all fundamental parts of caregiving. At Birchwood Care Services, itContinue reading “Championing inclusivity and diversity in later life care”
- Dementia Action WeekDon’t put off today what could empower your tomorrow Dementia Action Week serves as a powerful reminder that early intervention and proactive diagnosisContinue reading “Dementia Action Week”
- Stress Awareness MonthStress Awareness Month Stress – it’s a feeling we’re probably all too familiar with. And so, this April to mark Stress Awareness Month,Continue reading “Stress Awareness Month”
- Why self-injury awareness is importantSelf-Injury Awareness Day, also known as SIAD, is an annual event held on 1st March to raise awareness about self-injury and reduce the stigma surrounding this behaviour. The day provides a platform for people affected by self-injury and their supporters to come together and share their stories, experiences, and coping strategies.