The Art of Caring
Along with our friends from Birchwood House, we were looking forward to sponsoring the ‘Art in the Weald’ event in aid of the wonderful local charity Hospice in the Weald. Unfortunately, this has been postponed due to the current Coronavirus outbreak, and this has meant we have also had to postpone our spin-off event, ‘The Art of Caring’ which we were due to host in April.
Although both have been postponed, they haven’t been cancelled and we’re hoping they will run later in the year, but as we all know the situation is currently extremely fluid so we have no precise idea of when this may be.
You can see more details on the ‘Art in the Weald’ event here but read on if you want to find more information about the Art of Caring event and how you may be able to get involved.
The Art of Caring event is a spin off to the main event. We would like to extend the benefits of the main event through to our clients, the residents of Birchwood House as well as staff and friends and family by opening Birchwood House to the wider community where two local artists will be showcasing their skills. This will be an opportunity for you to see the home, meet our staff and see some wonderful artists at work. There will no doubt be cuppas and cake aplenty too!
We will be keeping our website updated with news on when this event will be taking place, but if you would like to register your interest in the event, or get involved then give us a call on 01892 863 710, or the team at Birchwood House on 01892 863559 and you will be the first to know when this event is back on!
Other articles you may like
- Helping to combat lonelinessHelping to combat loneliness Unfortunately, 50% of individuals aged over 60 are at risk of social isolation and one-third will experience some degreeContinue reading “Helping to combat loneliness”
- Live independently at home for longerWe have spoken before about top tips for fall proofing your home and this really can have a significant impact as falls will often be a key contributor to needing more round the clock care as they can have serious implications for the elderly depending on the severity.
- Three huge benefits of walking for the elderlyThree huge benefits of walking for the elderly Did you know that May is National Walking Month? As the country is opening upContinue reading “Three huge benefits of walking for the elderly”
- What care options are available?Families going through the emotional stress of placing a spouse or relative into care, often tell us they find the terminology confusing so this blog aims to help explain the different types of care available. Understandably, most elderly people want to live independently in their own homes for as long as they can. But many people are not aware of what their local options are.
- A moment to reflect this Aprild you know that we celebrated National Reflection Day recently? Reflection day is about taking time to connect, supporting the millions of people who are grieving and remembering the family, friends, neighbours and colleagues we’ve lost over the last two years. Marie Curie spearheaded the campaign for a Day of Reflection to mark the anniversary of the beginning of the first UK Lockdown – and to let bereaved people know that they are not alone.
- What is home care?Many of our clients want to live independently in their own home for as long as they can. It is for this reason they choose us as the home care service we provide in and around the Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks areas helps facilitate this.
- Why hire an at-home carer?Why hire an at-home carer? We love our families dearly and in an ideal world we’d all be able to take care ofContinue reading “Why hire an at-home carer? “
- Welcoming in spring at Birchwood Care ServicesWelcoming in spring at Birchwood Care Services Spring has sprung at Birchwood Care Services. The official start to the season might not beContinue reading “Welcoming in spring at Birchwood Care Services”
- Sharing the Valentine’s love this FebruarySharing the Valentine’s love this February Celebrating our staff This month, Birchwood Care Services is sharing the Valentine’s love with a blog celebratingContinue reading “Sharing the Valentine’s love this February”