The Art of Caring
Along with our friends from Birchwood House, we were looking forward to sponsoring the ‘Art in the Weald’ event in aid of the wonderful local charity Hospice in the Weald. Unfortunately this has been postponed due to the current Coronavirus outbreak, and this has meant we have also had to postpone our spin-off event, ‘The Art of Caring’ which we were due to host in April.
Although both have been postponed, they haven’t been cancelled and we’re hoping they will run later in the year, but as we all know the situation is currently extremely fluid so we have no precise idea of when this may be.
You can see more details on the ‘Art in the Weald’ event here but read on if you want to find more information about the Art of Caring event and how you may be able to get involved.
The Art of Caring event is a spin off to the main event. We would like to extend the benefits of the main event through to our clients, the residents of Birchwood House as well as staff and friends and family by opening Birchwood House to the wider community where two local artists will be showcasing their skills. This will be an opportunity for you to see the home, meet our staff and see some wonderful artists at work. There will no doubt be cuppas and cake aplenty too!
We will be keeping our website updated with news on when this event will be taking place, but if you would like to register your interest in the event, or get involved then give us a call on 01892 863 710, or the team at Birchwood House on 01892 863559 and you will be the first to know when this event is back on!
Other articles you may like
- Domestic support is available in your homeKeeping things clean and tidy in your own home can get tougher as you get older. Vacuuming and laundry can be harder toContinue reading “Domestic support is available in your home”
- Meet Care Co-ordinator GeorgiaGeorgia is one of three Care Co-ordinators at Birchwood Care Services and has worked with the organisation for 10 months. She is undertakingContinue reading “Meet Care Co-ordinator Georgia”
- Tips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heatTips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heat Here in Britain, we are simply not used to high temperatures we sometimes experienceContinue reading “Tips for keeping the elderly safe during extreme heat”
- Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in JuneWe are delighted to announce that Birchwood Care will be hosting an Open Day on Saturday 26th June from 2-4pm. The Open Day willContinue reading “Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in June”
- Your questions answered about a care assessmentWe understand a lot of different terms are used within the industry when it comes to home assessments and what is involved atContinue reading “Your questions answered about a care assessment”
- Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?We’re giving away a Cream Tea for Two with the May issue of Birchwood Care and on our Facebook page. Our Chef atContinue reading “Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?”
- Meet Mary, Domestic Support Worker at Birchwood.Enabling people to retain their independence and stay in their own home is one of the aims of Birchwood Care Services. The teamContinue reading “Meet Mary, Domestic Support Worker at Birchwood.”
- Meet Bethany – Care Co-ordinator at Birchwood.Every day is different and rewarding, says Care Co-ordinator and Relief Supervisor Bethany, who has worked for Birchwood Care Services for just overContinue reading “Meet Bethany – Care Co-ordinator at Birchwood.”
- The Power Of Aromatherapy For The ElderlyThe Power Of Aromatherapy For The Elderly. Aromatherapy is the use of aromatic plants or essential oils to promote wellbeing through scent andContinue reading “The Power Of Aromatherapy For The Elderly”