Part Time admin and Field Support Position
Responsible to: The Senior Care Co-ordinator / Registered Manager
Accountable to: The Registered Care Manager and the Managing Director
Birchwood Care Services is an independent and family-owned homecare business which has a rating of 9.6 out of 10 on homecare.co.uk, and we’re looking to fill an admin and field support role to work alongside our close-knit team of loyal carers. We are proud to have Investors in People status. Birchwood Care Services is part of Birchwood Care Group and works closely with Birchwood House, the care home based in Speldhurst.
This role will support the senior Care Co-ordinator and Registered Manager of Birchwood Care Services, and will be responsible for carrying out call and care and support assessments alongside our Senior Care Co-ordinator (SCC) and Registered Manager (RM) as well as updating and monitoring care and compliance systems. The role includes providing on call cover every other week, supporting carer absences and care call delivery as and when required.
For this role, we’re offering:
- 10hrs per week at £13.50 per hour
- Compensation on call at £180 per week
- All direct care (provided either on call or within the 10hrs) paid at £13.00 per hour
- Mileage paid to cover absence on care calls @35p per mile from agreed location (Office or Home)
Principle duties and responsibilities
We’re looking for a friendly, enthusiastic team member who has an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care, or Level 2 with Supervisory/Senior Care/Team Leader Experience.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- To monitor/update any systems paper-based or electronically.
- To liaise with clients, staff and other outside Agencies as required and to always communicate these to the Manager.
- To have a good understanding of the Rota (People Planner) updating daily as required. Ensuring all care calls are covered. Training on the system will be provided.
- To mentor and support all existing care staff, including carrying out staff observations and spot checks ensuring a high quality of care is always maintained.
- Reviewing care plans when necessary and amending and updating where required.
- Carrying out when requested care reviews with other health care professionals.
- To be conversant in carrying out Risk Assessments including Moving and Handling, environmental and general and reviewing these when required.
- To undertake visits with service users carrying out quality assurance visits, and file audits to ensure all paperwork is current and up to date.
- To assist Service users with all aspects of personal care/domestic care.
- To assist the service users with Medication management in accordance with the service users care plan, and the Companies Medication Policy.
- To carry out the above tasks diligently and to keep all information and knowledge in confidence, reporting to the Care Service Manager in accordance with agreed protocols
- To participate in the on-call rota, being flexible to cover holidays and sickness.
- Such other duties as the Management, may at times, reasonably require.
- Answering the phone, making any notes in the appropriate client file.
- Dealing with any Marketing enquiries, sending out letter and Brochure if required, adding to Marketing on System, following up contact several days later to see if Brochure has arrived and if requiring assessment. Asking if they would mind giving feedback if we have been unsuccessful and sending them a form and stamped addressed envelope.
Key Requirements and Compensation
- Require on call cover Biweekly – Mon-Mon
- Assessments to be prebooked in advance but carried out within a maximum of 5 days.
- Carry out field staff observations / spot checks, assist with medication assessments and competencies.
- Have Home access to people planner via laptop / tablet.
- On call requirements – 5pm-10pm / 6am-9am daily
- Saturday & Sunday 6am-10pm
Pay / Compensation on Call – £180 per week.
10hrs per week paid at £13.50 per hour.
Client care assessments / Staff spot checks / support on induction /Medication assessments to be agreed upon retainer / availability to support – Proposed set retainer of 10 hours per week to allocate.
All direct care provided either on call or within the 10hrs paid at £13.00 per hour.
Mileage paid to cover absence on care calls @35p per mile from agreed location (Office or Home)
This role will be predominantly field based with Home based on call support provided.
Office support days based upon need and availability.
The Tunbridge Wells area