Field Care Supervisor
Family-owned homecare business Birchwood Care Services is seeking carers to work in the Tonbridge area. We offer competitive rates of pay in the local area as well as a sign on bonus.
Are you currently in a Supervisory or Senior care role and looking for a new challenge, working with a friendly, close-knit team? Birchwood Care Services is an independent and family-owned homecare business which has a rating of 9.7 out of 10 on homecare.co.uk. We are proud to have Investors in People status. Birchwood Care Services is part of Birchwood Care Group and works closely with Birchwood House, the care home based in a beautiful manor house in Speldhurst.
We’re seeking a Supervisor/ Senior Carer/ Team Leader to take on a truly fulfilling role which involves visiting new and existing clients, and overseeing our care and support team in the local Tonbridge area. If you’re a confident, caring, compassionate and friendly individual with previous care experience then we would love to hear from you.
Essential to this role will be:
- A level 3 or above Health and Social Care qualification, or be working towards this.
- Previous experience in a similar role, or the desire to step up to the challenge of a senior role.
- Your own transport and full driving licence.
- Good knowledge of the Tonbridge /Tunbridge Wells area (we’re seeking those living in one of our operational areas or within a 10-mile radius).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A genuine desire to deliver high standards of care.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Visiting prospective new clients in your supervisory capacity and carrying out care and risk assessments.
- Continuing this by carrying out care reviews, risk assessment reviews, and quality assurance visits with clients when they have joined us, as well as for our existing clients.
- Leading the care team in your area, by mentoring new staff, working with them through their induction period and ensuring they meet the competencies of the Care Certificate.
- Ensuring care standards are kept high by carrying out observations and spot checks and giving staff feedback from observations through supervision.
- Liaising daily with the office team, and the registered manager regularly, and visiting the office to collect any paperwork you require (this is not an office-based role).
- Supporting our other Care Supervisor, and covering their area when they are on leave.
- When not carrying our supervisory duties, you will be required to provide hands-on care duties to clients.
- Sharing our out of hours emergency on-call on a rota basis with the office/supervisory staff which is currently 1 in 4 weeks.
At Birchwood Care Services, we treat our clients as we would like to be treated. We aim to enable them to enjoy enriched and fulfilling lives, ensuring as much independence and well-being as possible throughout later life.
We’re a well-established care service provider offering full time and highly competitive pay and generous mile allowance. We value our staff incredibly highly and offer the following benefits:
- An hourly rate from £12 to £14.25
- A sign on bonus of £275*
- Mileage of 35p/mile
- A loyalty bonus scheme
- Induction paid for
- DBS check paid for
- A referral bonus of £275*
- A quarterly retail/gift voucher for all
- Career progression opportunities
*Subject to employment for 12 months
We’re seeking truly compassionate people who understand the value of outstanding care. If this is you then please do get in touch. The position is full-time and there will be additional hours available if required.
Contact us on 01892 863710 to chat with the Manager, or to request an application pack.
Reference ID: TB Senior Care Full Time Contracted
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
COVID-19 considerations: All staff are required to wear full PPE when they are working